Exelon Analyst, Retail Ops in HOUSTON, Texas
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Constellation is seeking a qualified professional with proven experience and results to join our Retail Operations team as an Analyst for our Houston office.
The Analyst position within Retail Operations is responsible for monitoring and executing day-to-day workflow activities as well as managing medium to complex exception handling activities while meeting service level agreements with internal and external customers. The Analyst is responsible for becoming a subject matter expert in the assigned business function areas. The Analyst will directly collaborate with team members, project groups, Information Technology and cross functional teams to support changing business needs.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
· Workflow Monitoring and Execution:
Monitor and execute day-to-day workflow activities and control reports, managing medium to complex exception handling activities. This includes system exception queues, activities, service requests or emails from utility supplier support contacts and coordination with other internal functional teams.
· Functional Knowledge Communication and Collaboration:
Work collaboratively with project groups, Information Technology and cross functional teams as a Subject Matter Expert (SME). Identify and create business requirements based on changing business needs, such as assisting in special projects related to developing system or process changes. Develop test scripts for business processes, system enhancements and bug fixes as required.
· Workflow Discrepancy Identification and Resolution:
Exercise independent judgment to investigate workflow discrepancies and take necessary actions to resolve, including working with other internal functional teams as needed. Compare and evaluate alternative courses of action and select and execute appropriate course of action to fully resolve issues.
· Team Development Support:
Works with manager and team members to develop and implement team level plans addressing communication, leadership, technical skills training, and increasing industry knowledge.
· Comprehension/Adherence of Policies and Controls:
Maintain an intermediate understanding of UDC/ISO market rules and ensure group's workflow processes are following the current market requirements. Ensure that all Sarbanes-Oxley (“SOX”) Key Controls and other company policies are followed.
· Bachelor’s degree required, although candidates with 5 or more years in equivalent business experience will be considered
· Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
· Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external parties as required
· Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
· Customer service orientation, serving internal and external clients
· Excellent attention to detail knowing others will depend on it being correct
· Capable of working independently and taking ownership of responsibilities
· Strong organizational and time management skills - ability to organize and prioritize a fast-paced, heavy workload
· Adapt to changing markets, systems and processes
· Finance, Management, Management Information Technology or Supply Chain management
· Prior experience in the retail energy industry using CRM and/or Order-to-Cash workflow systems
· Working knowledge of UDC/ISO market EDI transactions
· Intermediate to Advanced skills in Microsoft Access and/or SQL database query development
Internal and external contact relationships:
Key external contacts include Utility Supplier Representatives and Constellation Vendors. Key internal contacts include the Leadership Team, Retail Sales, Federal and State Regulatory and Policy Groups, Customer Care, Contract Administration, Billing, Pricing, Forecasting and Legal.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Job Commercial Operations
Organization: Generation Constellation - Retail
Title: Analyst, Retail Ops
Requisition ID: 210068