Exelon Mechanical Design Analyst 3 in DELTA, Pennsylvania
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
Mechanical Design Analyst
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Performs advanced technical/engineering problem solving in support of nuclear plant operations. Responsible for technical decisions. Possesses excellent knowledge in functional discipline and its practical application and has detailed knowledge of applicable industry codes and regulations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
· Proficient in creating/updating drawings using AutoCAD 2014 or later and Raster Design.
· Possess a working knowledge of mechanical components and hardware and their associated uses.
· Have the capability to interpret and prepare technical drawings, including piping single line diagrams, piping isometrics, piping layouts, and piping support drawings
· Perform detailed piping designs utilizing industry and Exelon design standards.
· Maintain various design databases including PassPort, mechanical and electrical seal database. (fire, flood, air, radiation)
· Capable of responding to field installation issues and provide appropriate resolution.
· Capable of performing simple mechanical system troubleshooting.
· Have strong written and verbal communication skills and be detail oriented.
· Microsoft Suite skills utilizing Excel, Access and Word.
Position Level: It can be Level 3 (senior Designer Analyst) or Level 2 based on the Experience and and/or Skills.
High School Diploma and minimum 10 years experience (5 of the 10 years must be at the exempt level)
- Associates Degree and minimum 8 years experience (3 of the 8 years must be at the exempt level)
-8 years overall experience with 2 years of FLS experience
-5 or more years solid performance in exempt-level Engineering-related roles with demonstration of FLS competencies
Engineering Technology or
Non-engineering Technical Bachelor's degree
Note - Qualified candidates are required to work at one of our sites.
Possesses specialty skills and performs advanced tasks independently with minimal supervisory review.
Performs independently in specialty area and actively imparts knowledge to others. Higher level of accountability than an Engineering Analyst. Must be able to manage and implement technical programs, has wide latitude to make technical decisions with accountabilities.
Defend the plant design and licensing basis. Preparation and approval of design outputs and plant changes in accordance with approved processes and design requirements. Support installation and testing of plant systems and components and facility changes. Ensure the plants physical and functional characteristics are accurately reflected in the plant documents. Perform engineering analysis to support plant changes.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Organization: Generation Nuclear
Title: Mechanical Design Analyst 3
Other Locations: US-PA-KENNETT SQUARE, US-MD-LUSBY, US-NY-OSWEGO, US-IL-MORRIS, US-IL-CLINTON, US-PA-DELTA, US-IL-BRACEVILLE, US-IL-CORDOVA, US-IL-MARSEILLES
Requisition ID: 211594